2.A bad habit in a child should be nipped in the bud.
应该尽早把孩子的坏习惯改过来。
3.I nipped my finger in the door.
我的手指头让门夹了下。
4.The dog nipped him in the leg.
那只狗了他的腿。
5.I’ll nip out and buy a newspaper.
我赶紧出门买份报纸。
6.The cold weather has nipped the fruit trees.
寒冷的气候冻坏了果树。
7.I'll nip out and buy a newspaper.
我得赶快出去买份报纸。
8.I'm just nipping down to the Post Office.
我烟地向邮局跑去。
9.The postman ran away with the dog nipping at his heel.
邮递跑开了, 狗在身后紧追他。
10.She nipped off the dead leaves.
她剪掉了枯叶。
11.I nipped out the back way.
我飞快地从后门出来。
12.With another 100 metres to go, Jones and Saville are nip and tuck.
赛跑还剩100米时,琼斯和萨维尔不相上下。
13.It was nip and tuck as to which boat would reach port first.
两条船中哪条先进港都很难说。
14.The scheme to allow all pensioners a free travel pass was nipped in the bud by the government, who said it would cost too much.
政府认为为所有领养老金者提供免费旅游通行证的计划耗资过大,因此刚有人提出就被否决了。
15.I had investigated that insurance could nip in the bud, but its proceeds is ecumenical, and the fund is not jarless, and the timebargain has much risk.
我调查了下,保险可以防患于未然,但回报不高,基金不够稳定,期货风险更大。
16.I do not want drugs in this school. It’s essential that we nip the problem in the bud so I want a meeting with all the parents next week.