Sports are ingrained in youth culture in the US.
体育在美国青年文化中根深蒂固
Almost every American kid
几乎每个美国孩子
play some sport at least one time in their childhood.
在童年时期都至少玩过一次运动
I hope to inspire more of that to happen in China.
我希望能激发更多这样的事情在中国发生
I played basketball over the summers in China.
在中国的哪些夏天 我去打篮球
I was the only girl on the team.
我是队里唯一的女孩
I met a friend in a math class that I was taking during the day.
我在白天上的数学课上遇到了一个朋友
So I was like‚ hey
所以我就说 嘿
you should come to this basketball program that I do at night.
你应该加入我晚上参加的的篮球项目
She said‚ okay‚ whatever.
她说 好吧 随便吧
So she came and all of a sudden, I wasn't the only gril any more.
所以她来了 突然我不再是唯一的女孩了
And so we had two girls.
我们有两个女孩了
And then every week we bring another one‚ another person from the class
然后每周我们都会带班上另一个人来
until our math class was all playing basketball,
直到我们数学课的所有人都在打篮球
and my friends from China were all playing basketball.
我的中国朋友们都在打篮球
I just want to give more kids the opportunity to try sports
我想给更多孩子尝试体育运动的机会
because I think that sport culture still has room to grow.
因为我认为运动文化在中国仍有发展空间
And so I hope to be a part of that group.
所以我希望能成为其中的一部分
本课语言点
ingrained /ɪnˈɡreɪnd/ adj. 根深蒂固的
inspire /ɪnˈspaɪər/ v. 激发,激励
opportunity /ˌɑːpərˈtuːnəti/ n. 机会
at least 至少
all of a sudden 突然
room to grow 发展空间